2022-2023 Online BTA Course
Registration fee: $50.00 for member; $75.00 for nonmember
New Beginning Teacher Assistance Online Course
MSTA's BTA course is asynchronous online learning. Asynchronous learning means participants engage with the course content at different times. The course is divided into modules. Each module might use online readings or uploaded media, online quizzes, discussion boards, and more.
The Online BTA addresses the following Missouri Teacher Development System (MTDS) Competencies:
- Builds Relationships & Culture
- Creates & Manages a Learning Environment
- Develops Research-Based Instruction
- Engages Students in Content
- Understands the Professional Expectations of the Profession
The final component to complete the BTAP requirement for certification is taking part in ongoing learning. Participants can meet this component through book studies, online courses or by attending MSTA’s Virtual New Teachers Summit. From the following options, participants are required to do two ongoing learning opportunities.
- Participate in a MSTA Beyond the Book Club book study (offered monthly)
- Participate in a MSTA online course (offered at any time)
- Participate in the Virtual New Teachers Summit on Feb. 8, 2023 from 5 - 8 PM
|Book Study + Online Course|
|Book Study + Virtual Summit|
|Online Course + Virtual Summit|
|2 Book Studies|
|2 Online Courses|
Participants must have all components of the BTA completed by June 30, 2023, to receive a record noting the BTAP certification requirements have been met.
To learn more about these opportunities for ongoing learning, go to msta.org/For-Missouri-Educators/Professional-Learning or call MemberCare at 800-392-0532.