October 2022 Online BTAP Course
Registration fee: $50.00 for member; $75.00 for nonmember
New Beginning Teacher Assistance Requirements
MSTA's Online BTA addresses the following Missouri Teacher Development System (MTDS) Competencies:
- Builds Relationships & Culture
- Creates & Manages a Learning Environment
- Develops Research-Based Instruction
- Engages Students in Content
- Understands the Professional Expectations of the Profession
Online BTAP Course Details:
Over a one-month period, participants in MSTA's online BTAP course collaborate in discussion boards and online readings, audiocasts and video format. Online courses are limited to 45 participants.
The final component to complete the BTAP requirement for certification is taking part in ongoing learning. Participants can meet this component through book studies, online courses or by attending MSTA’s Virtual New Teachers Summit. From the following options, participants are required to do two
ongoing learning opportunities.
- Participate in a MSTA Beyond the Book Club book study (offered monthly)
- Participate in a MSTA online course (offered at any time)
- Participate in the Virtual New Teachers Summit (offered once-date TBD)
|Book Study + Online Course|
|Book Study + Virtual Summit|
|Online Course + Virtual Summit|
|2 Book Studies|
|2 Online Courses|
To learn more about these opportunities for ongoing learning, go to msta.org/For-Missouri-Educators/Professional-Learning or call MemberCare at 800-392-0532.